Parents and Officials Code of Conduct
As with the Players Code of Conduct, this code is to be adopted to help provide children with an appropriate environment in which to learn and enjoy their football.
It is important that all parents and officials understand and adopt a common Code of Conduct.
Your signature on the registration form confirms you understand and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Where club officials are not parents of players they will be required to sign a separate form.
The Parents and Officials Code of Conduct reads as follows:
• Do not force an unwilling child to participate in football.
• Ensure that your efforts to enjoy the child’s involvement in sport do not detract from their enjoyment.
• Encourage the child to play by the rules and code of conduct.
• Focus upon and encourage the child’s efforts and performance rather than the result of the game.
• Children learn by example, applaud good play by both teams.
• Do not publicly question the umpire’s judgment or their honesty.
• Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from junior football.
• Support the team coaches and managers, they are volunteers and give of their time and resources.
• Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
• Rostrata JFC has a no tolerance policy regarding bullying. Full details of the relevant code of practice are given here.